Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can a C-section leave a keloid scar?

I unfortunately have inherited a keloid problem. My keloids have been small and haven't grown too badly, but they are very much raised and there. I am told by doctors they don't know if I will develop a keloid as a result of C-section. This is because the nature of the keloid scar is unpredictable. Have any of you developed keloid? What did you do about it? Does your keloid cause you pain? Thank you.

Can a C-section leave a keloid scar?
I developed a keloid scar from my c-section and your Dr. is right, you don't know until it forms. Mine does cause pain when it is touched. I have had a steroid injection around the scar to help ease the pain. Not alot of pain, more just sensitive. Don't worry you will be fine.

mayflower

No comments:

Post a Comment