Thursday, July 22, 2010

How to rid keloid scars on my back, I have over 40 separate keloid scars on my back from sever acne?

My sever back acne caused my back to form hard pink keloid scars all over my upper back, now I can never take my shirt off and it is so embarrassing. Please help me, I'm 25 now and have been suffering with these same scars sense I was 19, they don't seem to be getting bigger but they are so disfiguring! I don't get keloid scars from a normal injury, I think I got the ones on my back from my acne lasting so long and the cysts constantly popping and bleeding all over, I had zits on top of cysts on top of boils, it was horrible, now it is pretty clear but the scars make it look the same, yuk.

How to rid keloid scars on my back, I have over 40 separate keloid scars on my back from sever acne?
Hi there





Have a look at the scar forums at www.acne.org. I'm not sure if you're UK or US based, but you should consult a dermatologist with a special interest in acne scars. You may also wish to join the Acne Support Group (just google it to get their website). There are surgical treatments available for keloid scarring, though you should not expect 100% improvement, but certainly a noticeable change. But do see a genuine expert (try Tony Chu, Hammersmith Hospital, London, for initial advice as a private patient if you can afford it).
Reply:A Dermatologist will be able to help.


No comments:

Post a Comment