Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keloid, Formadehyde + tattoo???

My skin is very sensitive. I have keloid when I had a surgery. I am allergic to formaldehyde, so I need to use preservative free products. I asked my dermatologist if I could get a tattoo. He said , "I would be very careful." It depends on what's in the ink... Any one has the same allergy and got a tattoo??? Any ink that's safe? Would I get a keloid around the tattoo???

Keloid, Formadehyde + tattoo???
You won't develop keloids from a tattoo. It's a different type of injury, more like a cross between a scrape and a sunburn, and even people very prone to keloiding don't keloid.





However, I'm not sure about the ink. Unfortunately, tattoo ink is not regulated by the FDA, and there's no way for sure to know the ingrediants. I would ask you artist, but almost no one will have a complete ingrediant list for you.





There are some "organic inks" available some places. They are usually used for ink allergies. I would ask about that.





But if you can't find a definate list of ingrediants, I would pass on it. If you react to it, you pretty much have to just deal with it, or get the ink removed by laser. So be careful


No comments:

Post a Comment