Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keloid revision?

November 2005 I crashed my dirtbike into a barbed wire fence and came out with a number of scars, none bother me but one, the one on my chest is a 3" long keloid, 1/4" wide. I heard that having it removed by sergery could possibly end with a larger keloid, which I don't want, how can I make it less red and prutruding? I know I will still have a scar.

Keloid revision?
Consult a dermitologist. The dermitologist might have something you can use, or they might refer you to a plastic surgeon.





It is possible to reduce or even remove keloid scars. Some of the most famous stories about reconstructive surgery involved girls from Japan who survived the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. They didn't look human anymore. They developed extensive keloid scarring that was later reduced and removed by surgery (way back in the 1950s and 1960s).





Meanwhile, you can help your skin deal with it by consuming more antioxidants, vitamins, and keratin. If your scar is in an exposed area, conceal it with mascara.





On the other hand, if you are a bold sort, you can get a tattoo and have the scar incorporated into the tattoo. Tattoo artists actually love this sort of thing, and many are good at it. You should choose an image that you will be comfortable with for many years and which makes the best use of the contour of the scar.
Reply:Talk to a plastic surgeon.


No comments:

Post a Comment