Saturday, July 24, 2010

EXPERT & EXPERIENCED ONLY: Piercing near keloid site?

Hi,





I believe I did not make my question clear before,sorry. SO...





I have a rather big keloid on my left lobe as a result of repiercing on a scar site. however, my right lobe piercing seems to b doing just fine with little scarring, which was also repierced. My piercings were all done by gun, and at a very young age.





Recently, I've been thinkin about gettin more lobe piercings. Sounds crazy right?





I do not think I'm very prone to keloid, cause when i get scartches or anything, it heals just fine.





I'm considering gettin my left lobe pierced slightly above the first, a few millimeters away from the keloid site. I'm thinkin about going to a professional body piercer, as I've heard that needle piercing causes less trauma to the skin, thereby reducing scarring...





Is there anyone out there who has some professional, or advice from experience regarding my planned piercing, process, aftercare and products or any such.





Much appreciated, thanks

EXPERT %26amp; EXPERIENCED ONLY: Piercing near keloid site?
I would do what you're planning. It might be just where you had it pierced the first time that it was off and caused the keloid, dunno why. but if you don't have it on the other side..? I woulld definitly go to a professional piercer. I have keloids too and have never gotten any after having piercings done by them..not saying you won't but, i definitly think they do a better job. they have more of an idea of what they're doing than some 16y.o. working at the mall at her first job piercing ears.
Reply:I'm sorry I'm no expert but I can say getting a piercing done professionally is best, that gun causes to much damage. you'll have to ask the piercer about the location but make sure you wash it twice a day with dial anti bacterial soap. wash your hands with dial before touching the piercing, and one a day soak the piercing in sea salt water. you'll get all that from the piercer. I've gotten my lobes done twice each and my cartilage with a gun Now i have a huge not around the cartalidge site. But i went a piercer for my nips and tounge. and i can tell you it hurt less with the needle than the evil gun. my advice is to see a professional piercer. go to piercology.com its a place in Columbus OH but a great place, they maybe able to help you find a reputable one near you.

alstroemeria

No comments:

Post a Comment