Saturday, July 24, 2010

Can a keloid scare to removed or at least tx permanently?

I have one hard keloid scar on my back, I got the injection to soften it, but now it's flare up again, it's very irritating. Did anyone had this, and was successfully treated???

Can a keloid scare to removed or at least tx permanently?
I also have a tendency to form keloids and have one (from surgery for a malignant melanoma) that runs across my back from shoulder blade to shoulder blade. I live with it. I am not vain and it is also a reminder that I had and survived a deadly skin cancer.





There is nothing you can do yourself but there are options available to treat keloids. Treatments include:


cortisone injections


laser treatment


cryosurgery


surgery followed with radiation





Most of the time, doctors will not do regular surgery just to remove the keloid. The reason why is that the chances are good the keloid would just return. Keloids are extremely hard to treat. Please see a dermatologist to see what other options are best for your skin type since the injections didn't do as much as you had hoped. Speak to a dermatologist about another option to try (listed above). While there is no way to get rid of it, it is scar tissue, the appearance and symptoms of it can be treated. Good luck!
Reply:use Cica care silicon gel sheets!!! Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment