Saturday, July 24, 2010

Ok I have a keloid...?

I changed my cartilage stud out a few days ago and noticed I have a keloid behind it. I've read about them and everything but is it absolutley nessicary for me to take out my peircing for it to heal, or if I leave it alone will the keloid heal on it's own?

Ok I have a keloid...?
i actually have the exact same thing except my scar is kind of big. so i had to take out the earring because eventually the scar could grow over the back of it and i didnt want that. im going to the doctor to get the scar taken off and then i can get it repierced. if the scar doesnt bother you and isnt growing you can leave it in, but the keloid wont heal on its own. i tried everything and nothing worked
Reply:If it is just a bump right now you may be able to reduce it with bactine or rubbing alcohol (I have one on my navel piercing that comes and goes). If it is actually a keloid, there is nothing you can do besides have it removed by a doctor. It is scar tissue, meaning permanent.

creeping

No comments:

Post a Comment