Saturday, July 24, 2010

Keloid Scar Medicine?

I am 12 years old and have a keloid scar from scoliosis surgery six months ago on my hip, from a bone graph. My mom wants to get it fixed, but I just want medicine to rub on it. Do you know of any I could use? I really don't want anyone to open up my scar without anesthesia, which apparently doesn't happen. Thanks in advance.

Keloid Scar Medicine?
Keloids are difficult to get rid of. For instance, you can't cut them out because you'll probably just get another keloid. Some dermatologists have had success with injecting them with a steroid, but that's inconsistent. Other doctors have tried freezing them with liquid nitrogen. I recommend that you get it looked at as soon as you can. Keloid treatment works best if it's done early.
Reply:i know that cortisone is given after operations to decrease fibrous tissue formation which leads to adhesions %26amp; keloid formation, as it inhibits action of fibroblasts.


but as ur scar is old, i am not sure that it could work... but still u can get it fixed by cosmotic surgery... by laser as i think. it gives perfect reliable results.


good luck


1 comment:

Unknown said...

WOW! this is really very nice post, i really like it, it covered all the important precautions for preventing from acne scars. Thanks for this post.


Medicine for Scars

Post a Comment