Wednesday, July 21, 2010

17 year old male with keloid problem?

I am 17 year male with a 2 inch keloid on my upper torso. I've had it for the longest I can remember (about 8-9 years). I think it derived from a chickenpox. It was small at first, but over the years, it grew. As of all keloids, it is itchy and it also randomly hurts. Luckily, I only have this one keloid to worry about, but it has inhibit me from doing many things that I would enjoy due to a rather low self-esteem (swimming with shirt off, wearing just a plain white tshirt since it would show a bulge, etc). I heard about several treatments such as using cryotherapy along with injections of hydrocortisone. I heard about several treatments such as using cryotherapy along with injections of hydrocortisone. I'm mostly interested in that, but I don't know the cost. Could you help me out by giving me advice on treatments and their costs?

17 year old male with keloid problem?
IMHO if a 2-inch scar is giving you low self-esteem then you have more issues to work out than the scar. True I can't see it, but from your description it doesn't sound bad. Do you mean 2 inches in width or length? Not 2 inches raised up right?





I did a little research into this a while back and the treaments all seemed rather expensive and maybe ineffective for what they provided, but you've done the investigation, if that's what you really want, phone up some place that does it to see how much it is. You could also go to your pharmacy and purchase a cream, some of those work, or talk to your doctor about options.





FYI I am a girl your age and I find scars rather sexy on guys. Shows they're tough! And if I liked the guy anyway, I wouldn't mind.
Reply:Massage therapy can reduce the size of a keloid. Check with a local massage therapist or two to see if it can be reduced.


No comments:

Post a Comment