Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keloid-like bump?

I went to the doctor today to check out the bump behind my ear piercing. (The bump is quite small). I pierced my left ear cartilage one year and a half ago. It's my third ear hole on the same ear and the other 2 ear piercings have no problem. The doctor told me the bump is not a typical keloid but more like a keloid-like bump. She advised me to get it surgically remove or take out the plastic ear stick from the ear hole and leave the bump there. I asked the doctor if I get it surgically remove, will the bump appear again and she told me because I have BCG vaccination when I was a baby so it might not appear again. But I still feel kind of worried it will appear again even I have it surgically remove. And also if is not a keloid, what could it be?





I've also been looking at the keloid related questions. Will using vitamin E/ earring clamp help make the bump behind my ear smaller?





Thanks so much in advance!

Keloid-like bump?
my 12 year old got the same thing when she pierced the upper portion of her ear. Within hours a lump appeared behind her ear. I told her to take the earrign out after 2 weeks, the bump went away. Then she thought she could put it back it.. and the bump came back... I think thats just our bodies way of tellin us .. NO WAYYYY take that crap out , I dont want it there.. so if your body is bascially rejecting the piercing, try a diffrent location or I would take it out...


No comments:

Post a Comment