Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keloid on industrial...?

I got an industrial a little over a month ago. There's now a little lump on the inside of my ear, around the bar. It's about the size of a large pimple, and is the same color/texture/etc. as the rest of my ear.





It's a keloid, right? How can I get rid of it? (I want to avoid having to take the piercing out, if possible.) I've been soaking it in sea salt water and holding a warm rag against it.





Is it okay to use cortizone around the area?

Keloid on industrial...?
Use this site to see if its a keloid or something else:


http://www.gothamworld.com/whatisthisbum...





I was worried I had a keloid but learned it was just a follicular cyst and I used sea salt soaks twice a day and also took the piercing out for a couple minutes to let the stuff ooze out and after a week it was gone.





Keloids I believe are scar tissue formed. They can go away eventually if you take the proper care and figure out why it formed. Most I've heard had to have it surgically removed.





If you're really worried I would go back to your piercer and have them look at it. They are usually very helpful and are the experienced ones.
Reply:i have a few suggestions for you..





emu oil- if you can find some, use it to massage around the hole 2 or 3 times a day





jojoba oil- use it the same way that you'd use emu oil





maderma- (you can find it at walmart).... rub some of that on maybe twice a day, and that should get rid of it as well..





dont use cortizone...








oh, and also, if you're doing sea salt soaks, thats good...


just be sure to do it 2 or 3 times a day, and with warm water... (thats important)..





good luck :]


No comments:

Post a Comment