Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I have a small keloid on the back of my earlobe. How do I know when it will stop growing?

I started growing a keloid on the back of my earlobe about a year ago. It's still relatively small, and I'm hoping it stays that way. Is there any way to tell if it is done growing?





Also, I'm looking to make it smaller. What is my first step in seeking treatment?

I have a small keloid on the back of my earlobe. How do I know when it will stop growing?
Keloid is abnormal healing of wound tissue. Did you get your ear pierced recently? That could have lead to the formation of keloid. If the trauma is less than 6 months old its called hypertrophic scar and normally it resolves on its own... if it persists for more than 6 months then it is called a keloid.


You need to meet a doctor who could give you intralesional injections of steroids for the keloid. There are certain pressure bandages that can be used for keloids.


Remember once a keloid always a keloid. This means any kind of surgery / tattooing/ body piercing can lead to keloid formation in that area.


All the best. Meet a dermatologist.
Reply:if your head starts tilting to one side all the time......have it removed


No comments:

Post a Comment