Friday, August 20, 2010

Possible keloid in cartilage piercing?

I got my left ear cartilage pierced the second week of November. I have yet to change the original stud they pierced it with and I haven't had any problems with it at all. I was just looking in the mirror though and noticed a small bump on the back of my ear where the piercing comes through. Is it something I should worry about? Should I go to the piercer and ask their opinion? I'm freaking out help!

Possible keloid in cartilage piercing?
it can be hyper trphic scarring,i had one on my cartilage and it has not gone away for about 4 months:( go to ur piercer and have them tell u what to do, and if all fails go to a doctor....keloids are very rare, unless ur of dark skin or if it runs in the family.,,,,,so i would not really worry
Reply:it could definitely be a keloid. i dont think it requires a change in the stud, just make sure you've been cleaning regularly. i have mine pierced with a little hoop and i started developing one and started taking better care of it and it went away. i was worried about it thought because i have a friend that has a bar in her cartilage and it has one really bad. once their to that point, they dont go away unless you get them surgically removed. it wouldnt hurt to contact the piercer and ask them what you should do. i just wanted to let you know what happened with mine. hope that helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment