Friday, August 20, 2010

Keloid in my boxers buttock?

My male boxer had maggots on his buttock ulcer, which was treated with turprntine locally. later after few months developed dark thickened skin, growing in last 3 yrs, often getting infected and pain or irritation to my pet. I consulted a vet ad was given a course of enrofloxacin and on another occasion cephalexin both orally. Again the scar get infecte and swollen giving the dog lot of discomfort which we can noyice. I dress it with some antibiotic cream. I live in a village where the vets cant take up cryosurgery/ excision. I myself a doctor of medicine look helplesselu on to the dog. What other antibiotic could be tried for secondary infections or what remedy I could seek.


This worries me a lot.


Thank you,


Dr Dan

Keloid in my boxers buttock?
This question should be in the pets section not the people's health section.


No comments:

Post a Comment