Friday, August 20, 2010

What do you think about a keloid scar?

I have a keloid bump on my nose because I got my nose pierced and my boss made me take it out but I choose to put it back in after my shift is over not knowing it would cause this. Anyway, I talked to the piercer and he told me to put tea tree oil on it and it'll take it away in a few weeks.... what are your thoughts on this?.. should I take the earing out??.. the guy said it was up to me if I want to leave it in.. just make sure I keep it clean....

What do you think about a keloid scar?
Is this an infection or a keloid?A keloid is hyperactivity of the scarring process and is permanent, it will not go away. It can be cryo-therapy responsive, but will never completely disappear. What you describe sounds more like an infection at the piercing site. Tea tree oil will work great on this, or any antiseptic cream. (tea-tree is expensive) I would leave the ring in unless you want the hole to close. When you do take it out rinse it in antiseptic solution to kill any bacteria. If it hasnt cleared up in 2 weeks consult your doctor.
Reply:what made your boss change his mind?


Now that it got infected and you have a huge bump you can wear it?


Thats kinda ummmmmmmmmmmm, well, imflammatory.


If you were hired under a condition then thats how it should remain!


As far as wearing it after hours, thats a lot of trouble! WHEW! My daughter did it on weekends...put hers back in for parties....maybe try that?


No comments:

Post a Comment