Tuesday, August 17, 2010

HELP I have a KELOID?

It's my tragus piercing. and it's not the part at the front of the ear. It's behind where I can hardly see it. I think it's a keloid. It's a HUGE pink bump and it's fleshy and PAINFUL. what do i do????

HELP I have a KELOID?
Painful and pink sounds like infection which needs prompt antibiotic treatment.


If it is however a keloid scar that is sore from fiddling...it can be helped to shrink with injections of steroids, but this needs to be done fairly early in the process. It can also be resected (cut out) but the risk of recurrence is high. The benefit is that if prepare for a keloid means prepared to get the steroid in fast !
Reply:You will have to see a dermatoligist to determine if it is actually a keloid. Since it is painful I would not think it is. If it is a keloid there really isn't much you can do. They can be removed but what they don't always tell you is that it can come back and even bigger each time. They are also hereditary so you may want to ask your parents and see if they have them. There are silicone based topical treatments that will make them less noticable but they do not get rid of them like they claim. It may be a subdermal infection. Either way I would go to a dermatologist and have them take a look at it.

bougainvillea

No comments:

Post a Comment