Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I don't know if I have a keloid or not I hope not?

Okay I got my 3rd ear lobe piercing about 4 months ago and everything seemed fine but i began changing the earrings about a month ago to silver i think sterling the hole kinda got smaller so i resolved to the starter earrings now like 2 days ago while cleaning it I touched my ear and now there is like a little bump kinda like a lil ball in the flesh not really raised somewhere by the piercing I'm not sure if it's on it or not but the earring goes on just fine but its the size of a mosquito bite if so big and I'm worried if it's a keloid its on both ears they dont hurt really maybe if u play with it alot. But here's the weird part I get pimple like buttons on my ear by my others piercings ever so often and then they just go away with time or pop them so I'm wondering if it's one of those or a keloid, an infection, part of the healing or a rejection to the earring and also how long after a piercing is done can a keloid develop?And what to do to get rid of it?


Thnx in advance

I don't know if I have a keloid or not I hope not?
skip the piercing and see a dermatologist.
Reply:I currently work for a derm and see this problem often, a keloid of course is a raised scar sometimes painful, a derm can give a kenalog injection into the raised scar that will help with the swelling. Make sure you keep your piercings clean as possiable and clean the back of the ear also, hope this helps


No comments:

Post a Comment