Monday, November 21, 2011

I got my ear pierced a couple months ago and I think a keloid forming. How can i prevent it from growing more?

So the bump is on front and back of my cartilage upper ear piercing. On the center of my bump is where the piercing hole is, and the color of my bump is nearly the same as my ear. (light brown). It doesn't itch and theres no pain, but it feels hotter than my body sometimes(inflammation?) . Is this keloid?





I clean it at least once a day with bactine but I do tend to play with it a lot. Since I've found out, I have stopped playing with it, prevented it from rubbing into things, and started to do the sea salt warm water washes. I also have an earlobe piercing on the same ear but nothing wrong with it. So what can I do to minimize/prevent further growth or even shrink it a little?

I got my ear pierced a couple months ago and I think a keloid forming. How can i prevent it from growing more?
Stop using bactine, that crap will do more bad for a piercing then good. It'll prolong the healing time. Bactine is used for cuts and scrapes. A piercing is a puncture wound. There is a difference.





Are you sure its a keloid, and not just a bump? I'll leave a link with pics of keloids.. If it's just a bump you could try doing an asprin paste, which is where you crush up an asprin and put a few drops of water in it. Put it over the bump, just don't get it in the hole. If it is a keloid, that link that I posted also give treatment suggestions.





Also stop playing with it. That will also irritate the piercing, and prolong the healing time.
Reply:i would go see a doctor if it gets worse but until then leave it alone and clean it 2x a day (if u just got it pierce clean it with the ear cleaning solution they gave u)


No comments:

Post a Comment